Celebrate with this 4-Ingredient Dog Treat Recipe
4-Ingredient Dog Treats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (plus some for rolling)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
Make sure the peanut butter DOES NOT contain xylitol. Xylitol is a sweetener that is highly toxic to dogs. READ THE LABEL!!!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Mix Flour and oats together. Add the hot water and peanut butter. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky to roll properly
- Knead the dough until smooth
- Roll to 1/4-inch thickness and cut shapes with cookie cutter or pizza cutter
- Bake for 40 minutes on a greased cookie sheet until the biscuits are dry and brown. Put on wire rack to cool. For extra crispy biscuits, just turn off the oven and leave the pan in the oven overnight to cool.
- Give to your pet in moderation. Any treats in excess can lead to an overweight animal that is more prone to health issues.